We are no longer accepting applications for Cohort 9. Sign up to learn more about the next NACSA Leaders Program.
The NACSA Leaders Program challenges forward-looking charter school authorizing professionals to realize their potential as leaders in the field.
This one-of-a-kind program unites a diverse cohort of visionaries committed to advancing authorizing in their communities to increase and improve quality educational opportunities for children.
Throughout the program, Leaders explore their values, beliefs, and biases. They will advance effective practices, grapple with challenges, and examine what it means to lead in a dynamic public education environment.
The NACSA Leaders Program equips leaders with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Strengthen their leadership voice and impact–cultivating growth in themselves, their colleagues, and their organizations;
- Inspire a shared vision for quality within their authorizing agencies;
- Advance equity in the field of authorizing, their offices, and their schools;
- Approach challenges and opportunities with creativity, courage, compassion, and resiliency;
- Center the needs and aspirations of families and communities.
What to Expect
- Community: a cohort that builds solidarity, fosters collaboration, and expands perspectives while having fun.
- Expertise: leadership and authorizing development sessions led by thoughtful, experienced leaders.
- Authenticity: opportunities for reflection on what it means to lead based on values, vulnerability, and transparency, while exploring how biases reveal themselves in policy creation and application.
- One-On-One Coaching: ongoing development and guidance through inquiry, reflection, thought partnership, and accountability.
- Discomfort: challenging experiences that push beyond the status quo and preconceived notions.
- Resources: adaptable and concrete leadership and authorizing practices.
- Application of Learning: execution of a capstone project that drives improvement and innovation.
- Ongoing Growth: deepened professional relationships and ongoing development opportunities through NACSA’s Alumni Program and national network.