Building Your Foundation: Common Questions
COMMON QUESTIONS THIS TOOLKIT WILL HELP YOU ANSWER
- Help understanding the overall role of the authorizer and charter schools regarding special education.
- What is the legal framework impacting the role of the authorizer in special education? What is the role of federal law? What is the role of state law?
- What is the legal identity of charters in my state and how does this impact provision of special education? How can I find out the legal status of charter schools in my state?
- How does funding flow to charter schools?
- What should I be looking for at the school design stage?
- What are the key elements of a charter application related to special education?
- Is there a checklist to review an application?
- What language should be included in a charter contract?
- What should I be monitoring and reviewing during the operations and oversight stage of a charter?
- What are some guidelines or red flags that there are problems with special education in a school I oversee?
- What do I need to know about renewal and closure of a school I oversee? Is there a checklist for closing a school?
- Who does this work well? What does good look like for authorizers addressing special education?
- What tools are available to provide support for authorizers interested in ensuring that they effectively address special education?
Download Common Questions