Research Data Analyst
The Research Data Analyst will utilize his/her data acquisition, analysis, and data management expertise to strengthen NACSA’s research and program evaluation functions— ultimately improving organizational impact.
About NACSA and Our Work
At the National Association of Charter School Authorizers (NACSA), our goal is to double the number of students in quality charter schools by 2025. To do this we focus on strengthening charter school authorizing—the work of authorizers to approve new charter schools and ensure each school is achieving great outcomes for students. If and how well authorizers fulfill their responsibilities directly shapes the quality of public schools available within a community.
That’s why we work with authorizers across the country to develop, implement, and maintain rigorous authorizing practices. We provide trusted, independent policy resources to build state foundations where charters can thrive. We conduct research to identify emerging issues and trends in the field that inform the national conversation.
Because every charter school has an authorizer, our work is making a difference for hundreds of thousands of students nationwide. There is no organization better poised to have this kind of impact.
Role and Major Responsibilities
Data Acquisition, Management, and Analysis
- Acquire large education and other datasets from various sources including state education agencies and databases
- Clean, organize, manipulate, and maintain datasets including merging multiple datasets together for analysis
- Analyze and summarize data, including creating charts, tables, and graphsProgram Support
- Work with authorizers on research projects, including gathering information via surveys and interviews.
- Work closely with colleagues to create, administer, and analyze program evaluation data
- Respond to internal and external requests for data
- Collect and provide succinct written descriptions of research articles and papers oncharter school authorizing suitable for internal and external dissemination. The Research Data Analyst will be a part of NACSA’s Research & Evaluation team.
Does This Sound Like You?
There is no detail too small for you.
- You geek out over minutiae
- “Behind the scenes” work gets you genuinely excited
- You effortlessly juggle multiple competing requests and projects with grace
You organize and manage data well.
- You can distill vast amounts of information into useful summaries
- You enjoy summarizing information—in different forms—in ways that make sense topeople who don’t speak “data”
You are a fast and eager learner.
- You are constantly learning and growing
- You value multiple perspectives and experiences
- You listen to others, and consider their opinions
You solve problems before they begin.
- You are comfortable asking questions to gain clarity
- You hold yourself responsible for results and are persistent
- You crave feedback, and use it to become a stronger contributor
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Background in fields requiring quantitative data manipulation
- Experience using large databases, especially in education
All Staff Members Demonstrate Alignment With NACSA’s Values
- Impact: All your work is designed to increase and improve educational opportunities for children.
- Equity & Inclusion: You seek out diverse perspectives and evidence to challenge your beliefs, especially considering those most impacted by our work.
- Candor: You are honest with yourself and others.
- Shared Ownership: You take ownership for the work of the entire organization.
- Work-Life Integration: You respect professional and personal commitments and boundaries between them.
The compensation band for this position is $45,000 to $55,000, negotiable based on experience and education. NACSA provides an excellent benefits program with generous medical, dental, and disability coverage as well as the option to participate in a 401K matching plan.
NACSA is a virtual organization, with headquarters in Chicago.
NACSA encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and we seek to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
The review of candidates will begin immediately and continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applications should consist of a current resume and cover letter that is tailored to this specific position and also includes one personal interest, hobby, or cause. Please submit to email@example.com.
NACSA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law.