About NACSA Knowledge Core
ABOUT NACSA KNOWLEDGE CORE BETA
Welcome to the NACSA Knowledge Core BETA!
NACSA Knowledge Core is a new interactive web-based knowledge and learning portal designed to serve the professional needs of both novice and experienced charter school authorizers in carrying out their complex work. From the basics of authorizing to advanced topics, NACSA Knowledge Core provides a rich array of core authorizing resources, training, guidance, practical tools, and professional networking opportunities to deepen NACSA members' knowledge and help them meet NACSA’s Principles & Standards for Quality Charter Authorizing. NACSA Knowledge Core includes short interactive courses and self-paced, multimedia learning modules; easy-to-customize templates, protocols, and policies; a dashboard to track individual learning progress; and a discussion forum and searchable peer network to facilitate knowledge sharing among members.
Online Training Available 24/7
Short, multi-media online courses provide a refresher on essential authorizing standards as well as exploration of more complex topics. These engaging modules include discussion and reinforcement of best practices and succinct topical interviews with leaders in the field.
Core Resources and Guidance Facilitate the Day-to-Day Work of Authorizing
Each online course module includes Core Resources—such as well-developed examples and templates for requests for charter proposals and charter contracts, performance frameworks, closure protocols, and more—so members have practical, ready-to-use tools at their fingertips. All documents and templates are also available as standalone downloads in addition to being part of a course module.
Connect with Your Peers
NACSA Knowledge Core facilitates online peer interaction and knowledge-sharing through members-only forums and a searchable peer network. Members can start a discussion or join one already underway. An online peer network offers members the opportunity to seek out others with common interests. All forums and the peer network are limited to NACSA members to ensure privacy and substantive dialogue.
While some of the information provided in this system will remain open to the public, only NACSA members will have access to the full range of online courses, customizable templates, examples, and more.
How Do I Maximize My Experience with NACSA Knowledge Core?
Be Sure to Indicate “My Preferences”
Once you are signed in to NACSA Knowledge Core, you will see a “My Preferences” link in the upper right corner. Selecting your preferences will help customize the material in the system to your individual interests. For example, new resources geared to your preferences will be “Recommended” to you on your dashboard to allow you to spend more time reviewing relevant material and less time searching for it!
Selecting your preferences also allows NACSA members to identify themselves by their interests within the Member Forum. You can conduct a peer search by name, or search for peers with similar interests.
What is Included on My Personal Dashboard?
- Click to Find Resources by Topic – Simply click on the topic of interest and you will be taken to a list of materials relevant to that topic.
- Courses (Members Only) – This will take you to a list of online courses developed by NACSA. These courses also contain helpful reference materials, such as Core Templates and Core Examples.
- My Activity – This section lets you know how many courses and resources you have reviewed. It will also serve as a reminder for any unfinished courses you may have started but have yet to complete.
- What Next for You? – Remember that “My Preferences” tab at the top right corner? After you make your selections, this is where you will find materials and resources recommended for you based upon your selected interests.
- Search All Courses & Resources – This is where you can conduct your own search. Perhaps you are only interested in viewing by a resource topic (i.e. Accountability) or by resource type (i.e. publication)
- Featured Resource – This will change on a regular basis. This is where you can find the latest NACSA publication or resource that is a must read!
- Quick Links – These are other items we think you will find helpful.
Give Us Your Feedback!
When you exit the system, you may be asked to fill out a short survey. Your feedback is important to us as we continue to develop and refine the system. If you have more detailed feedback you would like to provide, please email Parker Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org.